Tuesday, September 18, 2012

We're all in this same boat together

It kills me every time Jillian says that towards the end of the 30 day shred video.  I want to scream at her, "no, we are not in this same boat, you three are already skinny!"  It kills me!
 
Besides that I think that I am doing ok with the shred.  I just finished day five.  I really had to talk myself into doing the video today.  Tuesdays are my busy day, I attend a women's Bible study group on Tuesday morning.  Which means that I have to have all five of us, me and the kids, ready to go by 7:15am.  It is rough, usually I only need to worry about the two big kids, Rexy is usually still in jammas and I am most likely in stinky workout clothes.  Today went pretty well though, I actually got out of bed after the alarm went off the first time at 5 am, mainly because Rexy was up and I needed to put her back to bed for at least another hour.  Since I was up I made it out the door for my morning run, this usually gets bumped on Tuesdays so that I can sleep a little longer.  I finished two miles with only walking a little, I actually ran most of it which I was very excited about, I might make that goal of three times around the park.  But since I had so many things to do this morning I opted for a shower instead of doing the 30 Day Shred, fully knowing that I might end up not doing it today.  But I did it!  I tried really hard to talk myself out of it.  Jon was home when the kids and I all got home this afternoon so that was my first excuse to not do the video.  I hate doing a workout video when other adults are home, I feel like I am on display, I don't know, maybe I am weird.  Jon ended up leaving to a job site though so there went that excuse.  Then my brother in law asked if I could watch their kids for a little while so I thought well I can't do the video with 7 kids in the house but he didn't leave them for as long as I had thought so excuse #2 gone.  I was sitting on the couch reading books to the kids when I finally convinced myself that I had to get my big booty up and complete this thirty day mission.  And man, other then Jillian's annoying comment, I am glad that I did the workout.  I might stink now but I am that much closer to my goal.  Plus I was totally able to complete all the cardio in the final circuit.  Up until today I am wasted by the third set of cardio and feel like I am going to die but today was different.  I felt good, still exhausted but like I was stronger.  I finished strong today and am now looking forward to tomorrow. 
 
Back to my crazy Tuesdays, I am extremely excited about this year.  My church offers several class options through our women's ministry and I usually take the Moms class, which is awesome if you are in the Tucson area.  But this year I decided to take a different Bible study and today was our first class, I am really looking forward to digging in and learning to hear God.  I know that it is going to be awesome because we have only met twice so far and both days my car, which hasn't had any problems, acts up.  Last week my battery died while waiting for my friend who was riding with me.  Then this morning it randomly turned off while stopped waiting for a school bus.  I am sure that eventually the battery or alternator or something will need to be replaced but it seriously never gives me any problems except on Tuesday mornings, must mean the devil really doesn't want me to be there.  Can't wait to see what God has planned for every women in attendance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment