Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cookies with water

 
I read all the time how important water is for weight loss and people often say how they are struggling with drinking enough water.  I don't seem to have the water problem, I drink it like it is going out of style.  Maybe it is because I live in the desert and it is so unbelievably hot ALL THE TIME here.  I am rarely caught without my water bottle, I take it with me everywhere.  When I accidentally forget it I find myself going crazy needing water.  I wonder if it is as acceptable to carry a water bottle with you everywhere you go in other city's, here it is expected.  People are more likely to think you are strange if you don't have a water bottle with you.  It is a staple here. 
 
My problem is that I like cookies with my water.  Ok, if I am being completely honest I like cookies with anything but if I drink them with water I feel like I am not cheating as horribly.  I have a serious cookie problem.  I love them.  I recently bought a batch of gourmet chocolate chunk cookies from the grocery store, reasoning to myself that they are for my husband cause he loves them.  Of course who has eaten them?  Yep, me.  I have eaten half the batch so far and I really want to eat the rest.  I have a serious problem.  When I have unhealthy food in the house I have a weird mentality. where I think that I should just go ahead and eat all of it in one sitting, that way there wont be any more for me to eat tomorrow.  Ya know, get all the bad eating over with so that I can eat better starting tomorrow, except I always end up buying more of the bad stuff.  What is my problem?  I need to learn portion control.  I guess I need to learn why I do this, what it is that makes me think that I should just finish all of it.  When I look back I am disgusted  with myself.  I need to figure out how to change but I don't even know where to start.  Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment