Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I'm back on board...

the running train that is. 

It was hard getting up but I did it.  And I was SO glad that I did.  It amazes me how fast I forget the beauty of the morning sky and the sweetness of the fresh morning air.  I LOVE being out early in the morning.  It is so refreshing, yet somehow when it is time to wake up I completely forget about all of the beauty that I get to experience while running outside.  If I continue on a daily basis I do better, the glory of the morning slowly engraves itself into my mind and I look forward to getting up early and spending time by myself, running, praying, thinking.  But miss one morning and it is like the memory is wiped away and it takes way more effort to get myself up and out.  Then when I finally make it happen I want to kick myself because I had forgotten all of the splendor of the early morning.  And yet, I find myself repeating this scenario over and over again.  I should make it one of my goals to not fall off the train (the running train).  To somehow remember how much I love it.   

I had a great run this morning.  Like I mentioned in my last post I have to make up for last weeks training schedule by completing last weeks first then starting this weeks.  Which means no slacking.  This morning was the first run from the week I missed,  it was run 5 minutes, walk 3 min, run 5 min, walk 3 min, run 5 min.  I was impressed with how well I did.  Until now 5 minutes was the longest I had run nonstop and today's run was easy.  I found myself wanting to stop during the last 5 minute run but I didn't have a reason for it, it was like my brain thought that I should be tired so I needed to stop but when I really thought about it I wasn't hurting anywhere, I just needed to keep going.  It is strange that my own subconscious attempts to stop me, I guess I need to somehow reset my body.  I wonder if after I complete the 9 week training that my mind will stop telling my body it is tired when it isn't.  

No comments:

Post a Comment