Thursday, August 30, 2012

Half a dozen donuts

My oldest turned seven today, I can't believe it.  I feel like it was yesterday when we brought him home to our tiny apartment.  He was the best baby in the entire world and we were so excited.  Today he is the best son, older brother, second grader, swimmer, soccer player, friend... the list could go on and on.  He is such an amazing kid.  He has such a caring heart.  We love him so much and am so glad that God put him into our family.  I want him to stay young forever but at the same time I can't wait to see the young man he is going to become. 
 
Happy Birthday!


This picture was taken on our annual camping trip to celebrate his birthday.  We always have alot of fun on this trip, we invite all of our friends and always end up with a great crowd. 
 
 
 
Tradition in our family is to have donuts, I know that they are really spelled doughnuts but since we always buy from Dunkin Donuts I spell them that way.  Anyway, so our tradition is to have donuts for breakfast on the kids birthdays.  They LOVE donuts and so do I.  That is why the tradition started, because I LOVE donuts and could eat at least half a dozen in one sitting.  I had to limit myself somehow or I might have made the tradition to have donuts every Sunday morning which would have been bad.  I was very proud of myself today, I only had two donuts, this is major!  And guess what else, I didn't finish off the donut remnants from the kids.  I know that sounds disgusting to some people but I seriously have a problem when it comes to donuts so if there is frosting left on the kids donuts I will totally finish it for them.  And I didn't today, I just threw them away. I am so impressed with myself, maybe I should reward myself with donuts.   Ha ha, just kidding!


No comments:

Post a Comment