Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Today's run...

was HARD.  It stunk booty.  I was inspired after last nights run with the kids, that was the first time that I had attempted to run a mile non stop since starting my 5k training and I ran it with ease.  Naturally, I thought that I would be able to do today's training run with ease also.  I had to run 90 seconds then walk 90 seconds run 3 minutes then walk 3 minutes and repeat that twice.  The 90 seconds was a breeze but when I got to those three minutes yuck, I thought that my legs were going to give out or my lungs might explode.  I think that I run at a much quicker pace when I do intervals then when I run the straight mile.  I guess I think it is only a short distance so I should be able to do it faster.  I don't know, but my legs are killing me.  Hopefully tomorrow will go better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment