Saturday, July 21, 2012

A-Mountain 5k

     Like I mentioned before, my sister-in-law and I are following a 9 week couch potato to 5k training program right now.  We are currently on week three.  We should finish up our 5k training on September 7.  I looked up all the 5ks scheduled in Tucson and of course there would be one on September 3, and then nothing until October 14.  Well, I am already supposed to participate in a relay triathlon on October 14, so we aren't able to do the 5k that day.  The next 5k scheduled is TMC Get Moving Tucson Event: A-Mountain Half-Marathon, Tucson Lifestyle 5k & Cox Charities 1-Mile on October 21.  We are going to take the plunge and go for it.  I think we might be a little crazy having our first 5k be a hilly course but the next option wasn't until mid November and I didn't want to wait that long.  Plus a couple of my friends are running the half-marathon so we will sort of be running together. 

      The organizers of the race suggest a hill training program if you are not used to running hills.  Melinda, my sister-in-law and I are going to start that program as soon as we finish the couch potato one.  Conveniently the hill program is a five week program so it fits perfect into our time frame.  I am excited but nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment