Monday, July 23, 2012

My kids are AWESOME!!!

For the past few weeks Jon and I have been running in the morning before the kids wake up.  I love these morning runs.  We don't get to go together because obviously someone has to be home with the kids but we are planning on running a 5k together soon.  I have been making effort to eat healthy and make changes that help our family become healthier.  The kids have noticed and are always full of questions about why we are doing these things.  Recently they have wanted to go running with us.  I haven't taken them because I've been being selfish, I LOVE my morning runs, it is the only me time I get all day.  Plus I thought that they would slow me down.  Today I decided that I should be taking advantage of their desire to run, I should be doing everything I can to nurture their ambition.  So the older two and I went for a mile long run tonight. 

They were AWESOME!!!

 I had no clue what they were capable of, I completely misjudged them.  We ran at my pace and they ran the whole time, non stop.  They rocked it!  William could have kicked our butts to but he was being nice going slow with Jordan and me.  I am so proud of them.  Maybe that 5k Jon and I were going to run is going to turn into a family affair.  Can't wait!!!

My new running partners
plus an adorable two year old who wanted in on the picture

No comments:

Post a Comment