Sunday, November 11, 2012

Our weekend

This weekend flew by, I hate it when that happens. 
 
And while almost everyone else I know has a 3 day weekend, my children's school sent out a nice email saying that since Veterans day was on a Sunday there would still be school on Monday but to please enjoy having the Wednesday before Thanksgiving off.  I feel a little cheated, the kids always had a half day the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and have Veterans day off, so they didn't give us an extra day, the kids are actually having to go to school for an extra half day.  Is the school trying to pull a fast one? Cause I caught them, who are they kidding.  If my kids usually have a day and a half off and now are only getting a day off, I notice, where is our extra half day off huh?!  Ok, I am over it now.  Anyway, my kids have school so we don't have a three day weekend. 
 
We did not get to sleep in at all on Saturday because the kids had soccer games bright and early, I don't think that I ever mentioned that I somehow got signed up to coach Jordan's soccer team.  Yep, I get to coach nine kids ranging in age from 4-6, it is exhausting.  Saturday was cold and rainy so the kids were freezing at the early game and I have had a nasty head cold all week so I wasn't feelin' it.  Thankfully, one of the kids dad helped try to get all the kids going in the right direction and not push each other over coach the game.  It went as smoothly as could be expected, the kids had fun and that is all that really matters, plus they are adorable in their giant uniforms.  William's game is much more entertaining to watch, 7, 8, & 9 year olds have pretty much figured out how to actually play soccer, plus I don't have to coach that team so of course it is better to watch.  After soccer we headed up to my mom's house to hang out with my sister and her kiddos.  They came down from Phoenix to visit, cause they do have a three day weekend.  My adorable nieces wanted to have a pajama party so my sister made cupcakes and let the kids decorate them.  Notice in the picture below that the girls are all actually in pajamas for the pajama party while the boys are still in their filthy clothes. 
 
On Friday night, when I told the kids that they were going to have a pajama party at Nana's house with their cousins they were really excited.  Rexy asked if she would be allowed to dance at the pajama party, I replied of course she could dance, then she asked if she could dance as much as she wanted.  I told her that she could dance as much as her little heart wanted.  But how did she know that she should dance at a pajama party?  What a little weirdo. 
 
Sunday was a little calmer.  I got up early and got in a grocery store run before church.  Usually Sunday mornings are a great day to go grocery shopping but for whatever reason the store was packed.  I went by myself and it still took an hour, when I go alone I can usually get out of there in about 20 minutes. 
After church we had a nice lunch at home.  Jordan and my niece, Alee, went with my dad (their grandpa) on a long overdue birthday shopping trip.  My dad said that when they got in the car he told them they were going to go get a couple pair of jeans, two shirts, and a dress for each of them and they both started whining about wanting toys not clothes.  So while arguing with them Jordan said they should vote, I am sure because she has been voting at school about all kinds of things, needless to say, the girls outvoted my dad.  Poor guy, I don't think he remembers exactly what it was like when my sister and I were little.  They ended up with a toy and a beautiful Christmas dress, score for me, one less thing to buy.  After a nice dinner at my moms house we headed home to finish up homework, pack lunches, and get ready for our non three day weekend.  (I'm not bitter)
 
How was your weekend?  I am linking up today, go check everyone else out. 

2 comments:

  1. Weekends do go by to fast, but that is life right?:)

    I am visiting from Spunky Real Deals and your newest follower!

    xxoxo,

    Heather P.
    http://spunkyrealdeal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait. I'm still stuck on the 20 minute grocery store trip! I get that this is when you're without kids, but how do you that?! I love the picture of the boys still in their clothes from the day....boys will be boys. And for all it's worth, my oldest had school today too!

    ReplyDelete